AIA King Khalid Primary Campus
At times throughout their schooling a number of students require additional assistance in order to gain understandings and concepts or additional challenges, We have a number of programs which address these needs.
Opportunities for special needs include:
- Reading Recovery - an individual half hour daily program lasting for 12 weeks.
- Special Needs program - addresses needs in Maths and English across all age groups
- E.S.L. (English as a second language) assists students with language difficulties as a result of their non English speaking background.
Opportunities for extended study include:
- Participation in National and State competitions in English and Maths
- Participation in a gifted education program for deep and complex thinkers.
- Special art classes outside school hours.
- Participation in programs at other schools in a variety of curriculum areas.
- Extensive sports programme
Within the classroom:
Students who are gifted and talented are extended through a variety of programs and processes which cater for individual differences and therefore the provision of appropriate learning activities.